The Friends of St Wulfram’s Church

Founded in 1952, the Friends’ objective is the preservation and beautification of our splendid building and its contents.    Membership is open to all who share a love of the building.

The Friends are a registered charity with the members deciding all major expenditure at the AGM in October each year.

The lively programme usually comprises lectures, fund-raising and social events, visits to churches and a monthly lunch club.

For over 20 years we have produced a St. Wulfram’s Christmas Card each year.

Some of our achievements over recent years include:

  • Cleaning and restoration (2017 survey of monuments £1344, 2012 Sanctuary lamp £1632, 2009 Clock £3105,  2007 Royal Arms £1050, Trigge library and crypt re-glazing £3081, 2003 Chancel screen and choir stalls £3104, 1994 hatchments £4055, 1989 Reredos and crucifixion panel £2207, font cover £760, 1985 Clarke memorial £810)
  •  Crypt (2004/5 gates and rail £2190)
  • North porch visitor centre (2009 £8058, 2007 £567, 2006 £1594, 2005 £3032, 2004 Reglazing £2185)
  • Creation of website about the building and its history as well as about The Friends www.discoverstwulframs.org.uk
  • Conservation and restoration of textiles (2015 £2871, 2007 £434, 2006 £1970, 2004 £1395, 1996 £1032,          1992 £1275)
  • Frontal cupboard (2016 £8274)
  • Lighting (2016 cupboard for switchgear £1356, 2011 Nave and chancel £51,236, 2008 Lady chapel and tower vault £3849, 1991 donation to concert lighting £2000, 1981 donation to re-wiring £3000)
  • Alarm system (1998 donation £4,000)
  • Coffee shop chairs and tables (2008 1800)
  • Shop display unit (2011 £3003)

Membership information is available from the Hon. Sec. Jean Parker, tel. 01476 562204

For more information about St. Wulfram’s building, history and contents and The Friends,                                          please click on the button below.